Donor Sperm Treatment
Fertility Plus offer donor sperm treatment only through the London Women’s Clinic (LWC).
Reserving Donor Sperm
- Following guidelines from all donor banks in the UK working with LWC, patients are allowed to reserve donor sperm for two treatment cycles only (four ampoules for IUI/IVF, and two ampoules for ICSI).
- Owing to reduced availability of donor sperm, patients may have a limited choice of donors, no choice (i.e. only one matching donor available), or be asked to postpone treatment until a suitable donor sperm becomes available.
- We secure donor sperm through the London women clinics and we would ask patients to enquire about extended storage; Use for sibling sperm and suggested quantity for further use.
Patients who are prevented from undergoing treatment with donor sperm due to unavailability of donor sperm from the donor banks may wish to consider the following:
- The use of a ‘known donor’ where sperm is donated from a person known to the patient(s). Having sufficient samples in storage for future siblings can also be planned in advance. All known donor sperm being used for treatment requires a six-month quarantine period before use. This process requires extensive times and investigations .
- Import of donor sperm from another country where donors have registered as ‘identifiable’ and with application and approval from the HFEA, these donor samples may be imported to licensed UK centres at the London Women’s Clinic The process of importing donor sperm can take time. We would put you in touch with the sperm bank to secure the delivery if it is confers to HFEA conditions
2018 © Fertility Plus. All Rights Reserved.